Do you have bed bugs in your house and want to get rid of these degradable pests? In the market, many products can serve you, such as Lysol. Does Lysol kill bed bugs? You should know the answer is yes; you need to use many sprays to work correctly.
Bed bugs will die instantly; you need to spray the product directly on the insects. This spray works best if the surface is wet because the bed bugs will drown in the chemical spray.
Bed bugs are small insects that can be a problem in your home. These insects do not transmit diseases, but they can bite you and cause some allergy.
They are brown, oval insects that live on the blood of humans and animals. When they feed on blood, their bodies turn reddish and swell. When they are adults, they are about the size of an apple seed.
These insects do not fly but can move quickly on floors, walls, and ceilings. These nasty pests can enter your home on clothing, luggage, furniture, bed, mattresses, etc.
Below you will find all the information you need about Lysol and how to kill bed bugs.
What Is Lysol?
Lysol is a synthetic household disinfectant spray that is made from various chemical compounds. This product is used to kill bacteria, microbes, and germs in your home and other spaces such as offices and hotels. It is capable of killing viruses and any microscopic organisms that live in or around your home.
Or you can use for any shared surface like public restrooms, coffee shops, etc. Also, it can kill bed bugs effectively.
What Is Lysol Made Of?
There are several variations of this item, and the chemical composition may vary. But mostly the common ingredients in this type of Lysol spray are:
- Alkyl saccharinate
- Dimethyl benzyl ammonium
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Alkyl chloride
- Lactic acid
Does Lysol Kill Bed Bugs?
For people wondering does Lysol kill bed bugs? You should know that you can use it. Please note that these insects must drown in the product for it to function.
You should be aware that bed bugs can be killed with pesticides and heat, such as vaporizers. If you have bed bugs in your home, you can use heat to eliminate them; this is one of the most effective treatments.
Generally, a bed bug infestation is difficult to eliminate because they can spread throughout the house.
You should regularly wash fabrics, sheets, and pillows to keep everything clean and prevent them from spreading. Use tumble dryers at very high temperatures so you can kill these insects.
Lysol can kill Bed Bugs if you spray the product directly on the areas that are infested. Bed bugs do not resist the chemical reaction, and when ingesting the product, they will die from suffocation. You must soak the insects in this spray so that they cannot survive, and you will see how instantly even the eggs will die.
Remember that this Lysol treatment is recommended for low levels of infestation. If you have an infestation, you should seek help from a professional pest team.
How To Use Lysol Against Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are annoying insects that attack at night and suck your blood. You can have bed bugs in your home, furniture, closet, carpet, and they can lead to an infestation in your home. The spray is a solution that is often used to eliminate the problem.
Also, Lysol is a very effective disinfectant that will allow you to keep your home clean and free of germs and bacteria. If you want to use Lysol to kill bed bugs, it is recommended that you follow the six steps below.
- If you see the presence of bed bugs, you should get your spray to start the process.
- You must remove all the trash and dirt that you have in your house or room. You should sort your clothes and properly store those that you have already washed and are clean. Wash clothes in hot water and tumble dry.
Remember that bed bugs cannot stand high temperatures, and this kills them. In this way, you can eliminate a large number of pests instantly.
- It would help if you vacuumed all areas where you can see bed bugs. Vacuum furniture, shelves, bed, closet, etc. With a vacuum cleaner, you will be able to suck up all the hidden insects and use one with a bag to throw it away immediately.
- You must clean and wash your mattresses and pillows with hot steam and store them properly and safely. This will prevent bed bugs from re-penetrating these areas; you can use a vaporizer for these places.
You can use repellants so that the bed bugs can’t bite you while you clean.
- Apply Lysol spray to all areas where you see bed bugs. You need to apply a lot of disinfectants so that you can kill these insects and their eggs.
- You can then spray this chemical disinfectant on your furniture, crevices, frames, under your carpets, and in places where bed bugs tend to hide.
Risks of Using The Lysol To Kill Bed Bugs
If you want to try this spray, you should know that it can have adverse health effects. The risks that they can cause are:
- Many of the chemicals in Lysol are associated with some respiratory, endocrine, reproductive, eye, and skin problems.
- Many people are allergic to these components or to the fragrances that have this type of spray.
- Lyson is an aerosol disinfectant, and therefore, you must be careful not to puncture the product container.
- Do not use this type of spray-on open flames.
- You should use Lysol in areas that are well ventilated and avoid getting this chemical in your eyes or skin.
- You should not inhale or ingest this Lysol spray because it can poison you because it is a chemical substance. It can cause severe problems with your central nervous system health. You should cover or remove food from the areas where you use Lysol.
- Among its ingredients, it has Ethanol, which can damage certain surfaces, so you must be careful when applying it to avoid problems. Read the label before using it to avoid damaging your objects.
- Although the Lysol product is not the best way to get rid of bed bugs, it is an inexpensive option that you can try. You can use it if your bed bug problem is small and not an infestation.
- Ingredients in these aerosol products like Lysol can cause bronchitis, pulmonary edema, and cancer.
With this information, you can put it into practice and see for yourself whether Lysol can kill bed bugs. Treating bed bugs with Lysol is a safe and inexpensive way to get rid of these pests effectively. With Lysol, you can eliminate bed bugs and bacteria that you have in your home.