If you are confused between flea bites and bed bugs bites, then you should know that there is a difference between them. It can be difficult for people to tell the difference.
The symptoms and the treatment of both bites are different, and it becomes difficult for you to get rid of them as soon as you can.
This is because they have their own habitat, and if they do not get to experience those, then they may die after some time.
But one thing that you need to know is that you should take all the precautions so that you will not face any serious disease.
Not just the difference, but there are also some similarities between them, and if you want to know more about the flea bites and the bug bites, you should check this out. From here you will get the proper information about both of them.
What Are Flea Bites?
- 1 What Are Flea Bites?
- 2 What Are Bed Bug Bites?
- 3 Difference Between Flea bites and Bed Bug Bites
- 5 How to Know If you Have Flea Bites?
- 6 How to Know If You Have Bed Bug Bites?
- 7 How to Treat Bed Bug Bites?
- 8 How to Treat Flea Bites?
- 9 How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs And Fleas Naturally
- 10 Final Words
Fleas are the tiny bugs you can find. These bugs do not even grow much and are not more than the tip of their pen.
The color of the flea varies from light brown to black, and they have a thin and flat body.
If you want to kill them, you will need to squeeze them through the fingernails. And these fleas mostly come in your house through the pets if you have any.
It comes from the outside grass, and once they enter the house, it becomes hard to get rid of them without any proper treatment.
And if the flea bites you, then it causes itchiness, and your skin may become sore.
What Are Bed Bug Bites?
Bed bugs are the small tiny bugs you can find in the house that may infest their host. They feed on the human blood.
These bed bugs are the oval, brownish insects that are so small. And once they feed on the human and once very quickly on the floor.
Once they start breeding, then there will be so many of them. When these bed bugs bite you on the skin, it will cause irritation and several allergies to your skin.
That is why it is important for you to get rid of those bed bugs, and if they bite you, you need to take the proper treatment.
Difference Between Flea bites and Bed Bug Bites
If you talk about the difference between flea bites and bed bug bites, then there are so many differences. Fleas are blood-sucking insects that live on the pets and feed the animals blood. And through the pets, these fleas come to the humans and suck blood from there. And as soon as they come in, the humans start biting them, which causes small red marks on the skin, and you may feel intense skin.
Whereas bed bugs are the bugs that bite humans or suck on human blood. And when they bite the humans, then it causes irritation or allergy on the skin. It causes rashes on your skin and many other problems.
How to Know If you Have Flea Bites?
There are some symptoms that you can get which can happen with you if you have been bitten by the fleas, and some of those are mentioned in the following points:
- It can cause immense itching.
- Within half an hour of the bite, you will develop the red, swollen weal, which may turn into a blister after a day or more.
- Most of the time, legs and feet are targeting most.
- If you will scratch, it will cause more infection.
How to Know If You Have Bed Bug Bites?
Here are some of the symptoms that you can have if you are bitten by bed bugs then; some of those are mentioned in the following information:
- You may face a burning and painful sensation
- You will have an itchy bump that will have the clear center
- The small red bump will be surrounded by the hives and blisters
- A red itchy bump will have the line or zigzag pattern.
If you have any of these symptoms or facing these problems, then it means you are bitten by bed bug bites and get some precautions.
How to Treat Bed Bug Bites?
If there are bed bugs in your house, then you may have to face some problems. There are many cases when bed bug gets even better after about one or two weeks; then you need to do some treatments, which are mentioned below:
- You can apply the calamine lotion or anti-itch cream to the bite
- You can take the oral antihistamine, which will help you in reducing the burning and itching.
- You can also take the pain reliever that will help you to relieve some swelling and pain.
How to Treat Flea Bites?
If you get bitten by the flea, you need to treat that properly so that you will not face any serious problems. Some of the ways through which you can treat the flea bites and are mentioned in the following points:
- You can use the topical anti-itch cream
- If you want to relieve itchiness, then you can take a bath with oatmeal.
- Avoid having a bath with hot water because it can cause more itching.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Fleas Naturally
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs And Fleas Naturally
If you are facing the problem of fleas or bed bugs, then it is important for you to get rid of them. Here you will find some ways through which you can get rid of the bed bugs and fleas naturally, and those are:
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Black walnut tea
- Tea tree oil
- Black walnut tea
- Steam cleaner
If you use these things, then you will get rid of them without any problem.
You may have got an idea about the difference that you can have between flea bites and bed bugs bites. If you want to get rid of them, you need to do something, and also, you need to treat them in the right way.