In the present time, yellow jackets are used as a common name for the predatory social wasp in North America of different genera. This predatory animal is simply known as a wasp in other countries of the world.
Some eating habits of yellow jackets
Yellowjackets, also known as a wasp, are one of the most unique insects. They are famous due to their characteristics and also because of their eating habits. Here are some eating habits of the predator:
- These predatory adults usually feed on foods that are rich in sugar as well as carbohydrates, such as fruits and many more.
- They also search for foods that are very high in protein, which includes fish and some insects.
- The predators can eat a lot of different things, which is beneficial for them and their health.
How long can a yellow jacket survive without food?
“Do you know how long do yellow jackets live without food?” if no, you don’t need to worry. The answer is that a yellow jacket can survive up to 3 weeks without food, which is unbelievable and also makes them unique from other insects at present. Also, they can live longer without food, but it depends on the seasons.
Related: How to Find A Yellow Jacket Nests?
How can one keep a yellow jacket away?
Nowadays, many people are disturbed by these predators, so they use many different ways or techniques to keep them away from them. However, some people don’t know which techniques can keep this insect away from them. If you are also one of them and don’t know what techniques can keep them away, here are some techniques for keeping these predatory away:
- Plant wormwood: plant wormwood is mainly a type of boxy shrub, which is the perfect thing to keep the yellow jackets away. You only need to plant these shrubs around your house to make your house free from these yellow jackets.
- Use the peppermint oil: You can use peppermint oils to keep away the yellow jackets. The reason is that wasps dislike these types of oil, and it’s also a natural way through which you can keep them away.
- Plant Thyme: Plant thyme is among that plant that is used for keeping the yellow jackets away from the house. Thyme plant is mainly a type of perennial which is very easy to grow and also requires only little maintenance.
- Plant lemongrass: Lemongrass is one of the most popular herbs used for repelling yellow jackets and many other insects. According to different reports, this is one of the best ways to keep these insects away.
If you don’t know “how long do yellow jackets live without food?” then you won’t require worrying. The answer is that they can live up to 3 weeks without food. Also, this insect is very dangerous, so it’s essential to keep them away from your house so you can use various techniques for doing so.