These days there are excellent software tools that can anticipate the damages that can be caused by viruses or malware in our PC. However, the truth is, we are never exempt from the risk of getting our computers attacked by some malicious code. Before we realize its presence, it breaks into the system.
As we all know, a virus that manages to infect the software that is installed in our computer stops it from working correctly, generating various inconveniences. In some cases, it can even be irremediable, since the sensitive information that is stored might be exposed. We can even end up losing valuable data and files.
So, it becomes essential to protect our computer from these possible attacks. This will help to achieve it the desired performance. The first thing we must do is to understand exactly what a virus or malware is, and what are the damages that can cause. Sometimes the effects of viruses are so subtle that we do not even realize their presence immediately.
We should also keep in mind that if we conclude that our PC has been infected by a virus, we should not panic. Instead, we must deal with the matter quickly. Every time it is not necessary to call a computer expert, but many times there are inconveniences that we can solve on our own.
How to Detect a Virus?
We know that currently there are several ways that indicate that a computer is infected by a virus or malware. However, the important thing here is to perform a careful evaluation process that will allow us to lead to a true diagnosis. For this, we must evaluate if our computer has had at any time any of the following symptoms earlier:
- Appearance on the screen of strange information and unknown images.
- Opening and closing the CD and DVD reader tray without any reason.
- Automatic execution of some programs.
- Some program that tries to access the Internet without our authorization.
- Some friends or contacts who tell us that they received a message from us when we never sent them an e-mail.
- The appearance of a large number of e-mails “Without Subject” or without a sender in the inbox of our e-mail.
- We often notice that the operating system crashes.
- Sometimes we can’t start the computer or the operating system does not start.
- The programs become much slower in their usual processes.
- There is a partial or total loss of files and folders, or we notice that sometimes the contents are modified without our authorization.
- We notice that some software is trying to access the hard disk frequently, which we can check by observing how fast and fast the LED indicator lights up in the cabinet that shows the activity of the disk.
- Inability to run Internet Explorer.
- Internet Explorer opens automatically, without our authorization, and shows random pages.
If we notice any of these symptoms on our computer, the most probable cause of this is a virus or malware infection in PC. So, we must resort to carrying out a series of procedures and we should also install some special tools that will help us reverse this situation.
If you ask yourself the following questions and your answer is “Yes” even if it is to one of them, you have many chances that the computer has a virus.
Is the computer too slow?
A common symptom of a virus makes the speed of the computer slower than normal. However, there may be other reasons for low performance, such as a hard disk that needs to be fragmented, a computer that needs more memory (RAM), or the existence of spyware or adware.
Do unexpected messages emerge, or do programs start automatically?
Some viruses can cause damage to Windows or some programs. The results of those damages may include messages displayed unexpectedly, programs started or closed automatically or the sudden shutdown of Windows.
Is the modem or hard disk working more than necessary?
An e-mail virus works by sending many copies by e-mail. An indicator of that is the activity light on the broadband modem that is constantly on or blinking intensely all the time; Another indicator is the sound of the hard disk of the computer working continuously. These symptoms do not always represent the presence of a virus but may indicate a virus infection combined with other problems.
To check if there are viruses, check the computer with an antivirus program. New viruses appear daily. So, it is important to keep the antivirus updated permanently.
Some Quick Steps to Try to Get rid of a Virus
Is the computer no longer the same? Do you have different performance problems and strange messages appear? These, surely, are the signs of an infection of the infinite threats present at the time of surfing the Internet.
- To install an antivirus gives the best protection. It is necessary to have knowledge about the symptoms that the malware provokes in the computer in order to identify the problems and react more quickly, avoiding greater evils.
- Try to know if a link is safe before clicking Currently, opening the browser and clicking on a link on the web is as natural as blinking, such as the penetration of the Internet and its culture within our daily habits. In itself, this has nothing wrong, but nevertheless poses certain problems about our security at the time of navigation.
Remove a Virus Easily With Software
Always keep in mind that malicious developers who write these botnets virus, know how antivirus, antispyware and other current security programs work, so they can always generate new creations, and find a way to evade security software.Using various antivirus software is recommended to get rid of this problem.
It is preferable to prevent than cure, so it is advisable to keep the operating system updated, as well as with respect to antivirus and antispyware. At the same time, it is important to make sure that the firewall software is configured to stop any program that has access to the Internet from inside our computer and that intends to connect without our permission.
Get Rid of a Virus Without Software
You must seek a professional hand for this since it can harm in other ways if not performed properly.