Roaches are one of the insects that have the longest time amid humanity. This oval-shaped insect is one of the most common and is found in all parts of the world. Roaches are so skilled that they can live long in your home without you noticing.
This insect reproduces very fast, and although they do not bite, they can be reproducers of some diseases. Among the health problems that can be contracted through a cockroach are:
- The allergies
Cockroaches can contract these two symptoms due to the scattered waste and their skin.
Surely, more than once, you have noticed roaches in your room, and the feeling of that situation is panic. You aren’t the only one who is afraid of cockroaches, many other people too. This visitor is not welcome, much less in his room, so finding a solution should be the first thing he does.
Cockroaches are believed to tend to visit areas where there is poor hygiene, but this is not true. Roaches can enter your room even if you have everything clean and tidy. When people see roaches in their room, the most common thing is to use insecticides.
If you have used an insecticide, you have surely noticed that soon after rose it, the roaches come back. Therefore, you must take some steps to give a final goodbye to cockroaches in your room.
If you already notice that you have roaches in your room, don’t panic. This does not mean that you do not comply with the correct hygiene; while they find food and water, they can remain in any space.
How Do Cockroaches Get Into Your Room?
Roaches are very hardy and can survive in any space to find shelter, water, and food to survive. Cockroaches can enter your room without you noticing in several ways:
- They can come hidden in packages that enter your property.
- You can enter your room through a window that you have left open.
- Can be moved from one side to the other through pipes, shared walls or fences
Cockroaches can hide very quickly and can hide in any space in your home. If a roach stays in your room and you satisfy its eating behavior or create an ideal environment where it can survive, it will stay in that place for a long time.
There are spaces that roaches prefer to live:
- Cockroaches love to stay sheltered in narrow crevices or crevices.
- If a roach is housed in your kitchen check behind the refrigerator or under the sink
- If it is in your room check everything you have in your closet
Whether you clean every day and are very organized in your home, there may be roaches in your space. Cockroaches feed on a variety of foods in kitchen or other non-food materials at night. Thus, it is that they can survive for a long time and are difficult to eliminate.
How to Get Rid of Roaches?
You should avoid a roach infestation in your room or anywhere in your home. Before it is too late, you should take into account some provisions that can be very helpful. You must limit the easy movement of cockroaches in your home.
Among the provisions, you should implement to prevent a future roach infestation in your room, or the rest of your home are some simple ones:
- Repair pipes that may leak
- Use tightly closed containers to store your food.
- If you have pets, keep your plate covered.
- Seal any holes that may be found in the front door of your home
- Eliminate any cracks in your home
- Do strict supervision in your house’s spaces, and watch for traces of eggs, shedding of skin, or cockroach droppings.
There are many types of cockroaches, and if you look at some of them in your space, you must determine their type. Knowing what type of roaches is living in your room will help you take the correct steps to eliminate them. The biology and control of cockroaches can be understood, once their type is identified.
Control of a roach infestation can be accomplished by following the experts’ directions:
- Use all surveillance measures that may be effective to combat the entry of cockroaches into your home.
- Find as many roach hiding places as possible in your home.
- Look for roach hiding places in areas with a higher hot temperature, and there is close access to water.
- Use traps that are sticky so you can spot roaches in your room
- If you have clutter, vacate your space and organize all your objects so that the roaches have fewer places to hide.
By taking these provisions into account, you will prevent cockroaches from surviving in your space and breeding.
How To Keep Roaches Out Of Your Room?
It cannot be denied that roaches are very repulsive, and nobody wants to have them. It is not at all careful to have cockroaches in the room since they can contaminate food and transmit diseases. There are home remedies that can be very helpful in removing cockroaches from your room:
- Bay leaves: This solution is very cheap, and it is advantageous for you to get out of the roaches permanently. You only have to chop some bay leaves and place them where you think there may be roaches. Cockroaches cannot bear the smell of laurel, so they will quickly walk away.
- Boric acid powder accompanied by an onion: With these two ingredients, you can create a very effective paste to eliminate roaches. These two ingredients must be mixed with wheat flour, beer, and a little sugar until creating a paste. This preparation is very toxic, and if you have pets, you must take precautions.
- Lavender: Lavender is very easy to find, and you can use it in pieces, to place it in the places where the roaches are. Although lavender has a very pleasant smell for people, for cockroaches, it is not.
- Baking soda and sugar: The stomach of cockroaches is acidic, so baking soda with sugar will be unpleasant for them. You should only place this mixture in the places in your room where the insects remain.
Another very useful option is to vacuum since you can reduce the number of roaches in your room. Every time you clean, then get used to vacuuming all the spaces in your home.
Chemical insecticides are also a great solution to kill these uncomfortable insects.