Lice are very unpleasant in appearance, as are nits. Identifying this parasite is essential to know if your child has an infestation in his hair or not. Children with lice are very common in schools, so you should constantly check your child to rule out this possibility.
It is difficult to get rid of lice on many occasions because they are more immune and leave nits all over the hair every day. There are a wide variety of special products to eliminate lice and nits, and if they are not used, you will probably not be able to kill them.
- Microscopically-rounded tooth ends prevent pricking, scratching, or pulling; Tightly grip the comb with the anti-slip bands on the handle to protect the scalp and hair
- Before you leave, visit our store; Nit Free lice-fighting formulas include products that help safely remove and prevent lice with lice combs, shampoos, conditioners, mousse, sprays, and more
- This pack includes one Terminator Lice Comb
- EASILY COMBS NITS OUT OF HAIR, WITHOUT HARM TO HAIR! Used in all types of hair
- Audio CD – Audiobook
- Columbia Europe (Publisher)
- Nix Ultra 2-in-1 Super Lice Treatment Solution kills head lice and eggs (nits), including hard-to-kill Super Lice
- Nix Ultra 2-in-1 Super Lice Treatment Solution is fast, effective - tough on lice and gentle on skin
- Nix Professional Lice Removal Comb assists in removing lice and eggs (nits) from hair after treatment
- Nix Ultra 2-in-1 Super Lice Treatment Solution is for use on head hair and is safe for use on children 2 years and older
- Nix is the No.1 pediatrician-recommended lice removal brand. Pediatrician survey data on file
What do nits look like?
You can detect nits quickly because they are very difficult to remove from the hair. Lice create a sticky substance with their saliva so that the nits can stick well to the hair. Nits are the eggs of lice, and for this reason, there is no possibility of them falling out of the hair by themselves.
Nits are not easy to remove, as they cannot be brushed through the hair or washed. A lice comb of the highest quality or a finicky process must remove nits from the hair.
Nits accumulate in greater numbers in the area known as “the hot spots on the head.” These points are found on the head’s crown, behind the ears, and on the neck’s nape. If you do a nit search, and you see a lot in just these areas, chances are you have lice living in your hair.
What do nits look like on paper towels?
If you have successfully removed nits from your hair or your child’s hair, you can immediately place them on a white paper towel for a thorough examination. The paper towel is the best item to use for your inspection, and for clarity, it should be specifically white.
When nits are in the hair, they can be seen as white, but by removing them and placing them on a paper towel, you will notice their true color. Nits are amber in color, and some of them can be brown or golden.
Also Read: Lice Vs Dandruff
What To Do If You Find Nits?
It is common to see lice and nits in children, and the cause is not due to poor hygiene. When detecting nits in the hair, take preventive measures. This parasite can cause a lot of itchiness on the scalp.
By noticing the presence of lice and nits, you can apply some of the known methods that have been used by others to combat this situation. If your child has lice, you should check her head daily and start treatment as soon as you notice it.
How to treat Nits?
Apply the following methods to get rid of nits:
Do a wet hairstyle
Nits can disappear when you apply a wet hairstyle, but you must first purchase a special brush to remove them. This special brush has fine teeth and can be purchased at a pharmacy.
According to the instructions, you should first wash the hair with shampoo, apply a lot of conditioners, and comb all the hair from root to tip.
Use medicinal methods
If wet styling does not work quickly, other medicinal options can be used on any hair to get rid of nits. Some many sprays and lotions can be applied, and they will remove the nits quickly. You will also need a special comb for a faster effect.